First, you’ll want to enable BigQuery for your Google Cloud project. Then, you will create a Service Account for Hightouch to use. Last, you will create the warehouse in Hightouch.
Navigate to the Google Developers Console
Configure Cloud Platform:
Copy your project ID, as you will need it later.
Refer to Google Cloud’s documentation about service accounts for more information.
From the Navigation panel on the left, go to IAM & admin > Service accounts
Click Create Service Account along the top
Enter a name (for example: “hightouch”) and click Create
When assigning permissions, make sure to grant the following roles:
BigQuery Data Viewer
BigQuery Job User
Create a JSON key. The downloaded file will be used to create your warehouse in the next section.
1. In Hightouch, go to Sources or click https://app.hightouch.io/sources
2. Click "Create Source"
3. Select BigQuery
4. Enter your Google Cloud project ID in the Project field. This can be found in the URL.
5. For Location, type "US" or "EU" (without quotes)
6. Copy the contents of the credentials (the JSON key) into the Credentials field
7. Click the Test button
8. If Hightouch is able to successfully connect, click the "Complete" button at the bottom of the page
If not, contact Hightouch at [email protected], and we're happy to assist you.