This guide will explain how to connect your Postgres instance to Hightouch.
Hightouch will always connect to your warehouse from 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11. You may allow this IP address in your VPC security groups.
1. In Hightouch, go to Sources or click https://app.hightouch.io/sources
2. Click "Create Source"
3. Select Postgres
4. Enter your hostname (IP address or EC2 hostname)
5. For Port, enter your port. This is 5432 by default.
6. For User, enter your Postgres username.
7. For Password, enter your Postgres password
8. Click "Test" to test the connection. Hightouch is able to successfully connect, click the "Complete" button at the bottom of the page
If your Postgres cluster is not "publicly accessible", you have two options
SSH tunnel: Hightouch will connect to your Postgres cluster via an SSH tunnel established from Hightouch's servers to a bastion server in your VPC.
Reverse SSH tunnel: You will establish an SSH connection from a bastion server in your VPC to Hightouch's servers, and Hightouch will reuse that connection to connect to Postgres.